One day while washing the dishes (I almost missed that I had typed watching the dishes…I’m on really strong pain killers and I’m beyond floaty at the moment, please read this post with that in mind! lol), I had this original (I thought a few others had probably done it, but I thought I hadn’t ever seen one) idea of altering a mousetrap and using this cute (?) digi Sugar image from That Craft Place. After discovering that the mousetraps I bought on eBay were too small, I bought a rat trap (shudders). Then, an altered trap appeared in my Pinterest feed! Turns out there are hundreds of them out there!
At the recent Andy Skinner workshop two ladies accidental used Paines Grey Fluid Acrylic instead of the grey antiquing cream. Results were not as anticipated! The bottles looked identical with the exception of the wording. I remember thinking…I must always read the label. Guess I didn’t at one point…I put Quin gold on the embossed metal instead of red oxide antiquing cream. Turns out it was a happy accident because I loved how it looked with the Patina antiquing cream! lol
The coloured image, as I said above, is a Sugar from TCP, the words are PaperArtsy stamps, the labels and label frames are Tim Hotz as is the skull. I used polyshrink for the skull. I coloured Sugar with copics, what else?, and applied a thick coat of Triple Thick. Love that stuff! Her hair was more purple before the triple thick.
The challenge over at TCP this fortnight is Altered. It’s a good thing I did a second project because I was cursed this week!
We have a dt group that we post our pics on for the challenge blog (we might have a bit of banter and fun in there too! lol). Here’s what I put when I couldn’t get my computer to play nice with the internet.
I have pictures of my project. I can’t get watermarks on them (no images) because flash keeps crashing on my computer. I can’t get the pictures uploaded in to the album for the same reason. I’m feeling entirely cursed today. 1) lost my main project somewhere in my house 2) took 4 pictures of 2nd project, uploaded them to the computer to have only 2 show up when I went to edit them 3) took 2 more pictures to replace the 2 that disappeared and uploaded them 4) only to have the first two pics disappear so took those pictures again 5) couldn’t get pictures to upload to picmonkey to put watermark on them 6) can’t get them on here
There might have been some swearing too…
I liked the quin gold embossed mirri card accident on the trap that I did it again on purpose for this altered coffee jar. I wanted it to look like an ancient bottle that had been in a shipwreck for hundreds of years. While I was swirling and drying the Prussian Blue paint for the inside of the jar I managed to spill blue paint on the carpet. Prince Charming was not impressed. Should you ever need to know…surgical spirits (aka rubbing alcohol across the Atlantic) takes out acrylic paint.
Links you need:
I’d like to enter the following challenges:
http://addicted-to-stamps-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/ Well, it’s a dark girly thing! 😉